Another vegetarian wonder dish that will keep you satisfied for hours – this recipe is inspired from Heidi Swanson’s Super Natural Cooking1 cups soft wheat berries, rinsed 4 cups vegetable/chicken broth 2 tsp kosher salt and more if needed 1 small onion, chopped 2 tbsp light olive oil or any vegetable oil 1 small bunch of green onions 3 generous handful of spinach leaves, stemmed and well rinsed 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese Dressing Grated zest of 3 oranges and the juice of two Juice of one lemon 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil or more to your preferred taste salt and pepper Serves 4 1. Saute onions with 2 tbsp oil until golden and then add wheat berries, broth or water and 1 tsp salt in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boill, lower the heat and simmer covered until plump about an hour and 30 minutes 2. If there is any broth left, drain and season the berries to taste with more salt, if need be. 3. Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients 4. Toss wheat berries with the spinach, pine nuts, citrus dressing, then top with the feta and add more salt and pepper, if needed
Serving 1-24 small pickle cucumbers, cut according to your taste 1 bunch green onions or 1/2 small red onion, chopped 1/2 avocado 2/3 cup chopped fresh cauliflowers 1/2 cup chopped sweet pepper (or tomatoes, whichever you have available) 2-4 thinly sliced lemons or limes (optional) 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup of toasted sunflower seeds 1/3 extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp. kosher salt or more if desired Pepper Mix all ingredients and wait 10-15 minutes before serving.
My mom used to make this omelet all the time – I started making it when I became a mom and now my kids love it just as much as I did when she prepared it.Servings: 2-4 2 eggs 4 small tomatoes, chopped ½ medium onion or 2 shallots 2 tablespoons of Vegetable/light olive oil ½ tea spoon Turmeric Salt and Pepper Feta cheese and chopped herbs (parsley, basil or dill) for garnish (optional) 1. Brown onion on med heat
2. When onions are golden, add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for 2-4 min
3. Add eggs and fried them for 2 additional minutes
- 1. Preheat oven 350ºF.
- 2. In a pot, brown 1 and 1/2 onions, 2 tablespoons of oil, pinch of salt & Pepper and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- 3. When onions are golden, add ground beef, garlic, red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and saute for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
- 4. Add tomatoe paste, 1/2 of chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
- 6. Slice off the bottoms of eggplants and hollow them out, using the point of a knife, leaving a shell about 1/2 inch thick, and set aside the flesh. Sprinkle the shells generously with 1 tablespoon salt and set aside.
- 7. Cook rice for 15 minutes in 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drain.
- 8. Cook split peas for 20 minutes in 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drain
- 9. Add rice, split peas, and the chopped herbs to beef mixture. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and taste.